A structured interdisciplinary program designed for individuals with mental health conditions.
About Activate! Program
An Interdisciplinary Program designed to reduce treatment duration and improve outcomes for individuals with mental health conditions.
Research shows that structured exercise and behavioural reactivation programs can:
- Significantly reduce symptoms of depression, anxiety, and stress
- Boost physical stamina and cognitive function
- Improve sleep, self-esteem, and overall sense of well-being
Our Kinesiologists have received specialized training in delivering tailored physical activity and behavioural activation programs for individuals struggling with mental health symptoms. Our Activate! Kinesiologists work collaboratively with/under the direction of the treating mental health professionals.
- Interdisciplinary Support: An additional point of contact for increased support and accountability
- Behavioural Activation & Physical Functioning: A structured focus for enhanced outcomes
- Individualized: One-on-one exercise/reactivation sessions (in-person or videoconferencing)
- Customized: Tailored to clients’ individual needs and function level
- Educational: Education and skills building on the following topics:
- Functional Goal Setting
- Tension Reduction
- Relaxation Strategies
- Principles of Exercise
- Sleep Hygiene
- Posture and Body Mechanics
- Establishment of Routine and Daily Structure
© 2023 Back in Motion Health
Built with Connect the Doc